OAEC Summer Music Composition Camp
Learn to compose an original composition on your chosen instrument.
By Amy Lauro (BA in Music Education, UH Houston)
- Theory classes to help understand the art of melody and harmony.
- Orchestrating each composition through sequencing. (keyboard and computer sequencing using garage band)
- Learning about the master composers and how they contributed musical ideas to future generations.
- Study contemporary composers to find similarities and differences in style.
- Study John Williams and how he has contributed to “movie themes”. (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Superman, Indiana Jones , Warhorse)
- Games and prizes for competitive learning about musical themes, composers and theory.
- Performance at the end of the camp for parents and friends.